Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunday

I feel that a lazy Sunday is an essential thing for ones mental health. And, I am happy to say that yesterday was just that!
Initially I was supposed to go for my niece's second sixth birthday party. But by the time I got back from a walk, I knew I wouldn't be able to make it. For one, it was already 10:00 and the party was supposed to start at 11:00 and the place is over an hour away.
And I was still to take a bath... after giving Bella a bath... And boy did she need one after running through a brook after a bird she was chasing near the dog park that I only take her to on days I plan on giving her a bath. Well, that was Saturday night. But I was doing chores all day and was really tired and lazy, and Bella had dried off and the dirt had fallen off by the time we got home.. and I thought I would have time in the next morning for the bath, which neither her, nor I enjoy very much.

Anyways, so it was pretty clear that I will have to either give up going for the party, that I was really looking forward to as I thought I would get a chance to see my niece in the dress I made for her, or I can give Bella her bath and finish up the rest of my chores. After debating for a few minutes, I decided to pass on the party.. I will get other chances to see my niece in the dress, but skipping on the bath would mean it will not happen for another week!

So, I gave Bella her bath and surprisingly she did not put up as much fight as she usually does. She decided to lounge on the porch while she dried up.

In the mean time, I decided to proceed with my other project, sanding down the sewing machine cabinet. It turned out to be a much much longer project than I had expected and took rest of the morning and most of the afternoon.

  During this time Bella kept on going in and out of the house, looking at the squirrels, sunbathing on the porch,
 
or cooling off on the floor inside!
As soon as I moved at this house I had put up a few bird feeders, and have been working on ways to keep squirrels off of them.
 In between my breaks, I took a few pictures of my bird feeder.
We got visits from Mr. and Mrs. cardinal,
Cardinal male always feeds cardinal females.. isn't that cute!
 some sparrows,
 a nuthatch...

 and ofcourse squirrels. Nothing so far has kept these buggers away!

  At 5:30, after I was done with the sanding, we took a walk to the nearest Starbucks. I had green tea frappe, ummm.. Yum! with egg salad sandwich and raspberry cake, on the outside patio, while Bella sat next to me waiting for the bread crust.. Love these summer days!!!

Then we bought some top soil, Marigold flowers and seeds for lettuce and mixed burpees  from home depot!
Finally, we ended the perfect Sunday by taking another short walk at around 9:00pm!

1 comment:

PalsLivesLife said...

Can't believe this post was exactly 8 years ago. I haven't come back to this blog for about 4 years. And yesterday, this sweet little girl left this world. I last night after she was gone to find one of her sibling pictures from last post. I am so glad I had written them. Miss you dearly my little Bella!