Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Distressed furniture

I just love love love the look of a good distressed furniture. And its not just the look of it, but its also the fact that you get to do all these creative things to it like painting, staining and sanding, and the piece comes out looking perfectly aged, as if it is telling you a story..
Its like going through someones dusty attic!! Well, not many people will say that they like to do that, but I have always been fascinated by it. You climb this mysterious staircase that no one usually uses, and you open up boxes and find black and white pictures and old, dusty artifacts that were probably touched by someone many many years ago....  almost like making a connection through time.. it fascinates me to the point of giving me goosebumps!

But, alas!!! I still haven't been able to make myself distress anything. Well it was my plan with Dresser1. But when I was done, I liked its color so much, that I just decided to keep it.
Well, not true.. I did sand down a tiny corner on the top and applied some dark glaze on one of the shelves... But, the color was not coming off as cleanly as in others' cases and the glaze was not very apparent because of the darker color I chose... So I just ended up painting over it and just stenciling..

But one day.. 

No comments: