Thursday, September 05, 2013

These are paintings?

I recently came across a blog by Brad Teare. He is a landscape painter with beautiful work who also teaches through his videos.

After listening to him refer to his wife a couple of times in his videos, I for some reason presumed that she was a photographer and wanted to check out her work as well.. Her work is beautiful. Rustic, antique-ish and colorful.. a good combination of what I love..

But her prices were crazy! $7000+ for just a 18 x 24 print???

And then I realized, the description said "Oil on board"!

These are painting? These are PAINTINGS?????? 
 
 I could not believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any number of exclamation marks I put would not be enough!

Apparently there are Trompe L'oeil paintings, which is the art of illusion. Like the ones you see on street art.
  street art.jpg 
But her work is just amazing! Do check it out.

No comments: